Thursday, September 23, 2010

Highway of Lust

It was a memorable night, a night of delight
Few bottles of wine, and a pleasurable fright
Music was floating in the air, meandering the smoke
Cool breeze was teasing fire with an intention to provoke
Then, a divine figure came out of dark
A sudden fire with no spark
She sang a song and offered me to dance
I fell into her eyes to an exotic romance
It was like a dream, a dream like never before
There were singing, dancing and a sea shore.
Time moved slowly, so did I
I was flying over the smoke, higher than the high
She held my hands and pulled me out of dream
Was she real or I was asleep.
We walked down the beach, we had a common smile
I kissed on her eyes, she was my prime
Some dreams were woven, those all were mine
I held her in my arms, gave her a golden ring
She swore to be with me in autumn or spring
Then, she asked my name, I said “Mr. Garry”
She shook her head and said” I am really sorry”
You don’t love me because Garry is your name.
I wanted a diamond ring and some more fame.
I pleaded her not to leave,
I was ready to change my name and the ring
She smiled and said “don’t you get it, it’s neither autumn nor spring”
All music had gone then, so had my wing
I was lying on mud then, I was no longer a king.

Some name it love, some say it trust
It’s nothing but a highway of lust.

No comments:

Post a Comment